bulb Digital Portfolios sat down with four educators from the core subject areas of Mathematics, ELA, Science, and Social Science, to hear how they are creatively engaging students to become agents of their learning and achieve year-end goals.
Each of these educators are using digital portfolios to help them with these endeavors. They have found digital portfolios not only enable students to take ownership of their learning, they also serve as a tool to measure growth and provide an alternative assessment.
In this 60-minute webinar these educators discuss:
- The benefits of using digital portfolios within the four core subjects.
- How each educator uses digital portfolios for distance learning; including advice for educators just beginning to use digital portfolios for distance learning.
- How each educator uses digital portfolios to track progress; how digital portfolios are a reflective practice tool for students and educators alike.
- See student and teacher examples of work within a digital portfolio.
Meet the panelists:
- Brandon Brewton, M.Ed
- Houston ISD – Social Sciences, Grades 6-12
- Senior Manager, Academics, Secondary Curriculum & Development
- Mary Kemper
- Coppell ISD – Mathematics, PK-12
- Director of Mathematics
- LaShera McElhany, Ph.D
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU) – Science, University
- Associate Professor, Teacher Education
- Shona Rose
- Region 16 ESC, Amarillo – English Language Arts, Grades 9-12
- Learning Leader, ELAR & Leadership
Additional remote learning resources:
- bulb Resource Center: find templates, user examples & more
- Mary Kemper’s Mathematics Collection
- Top Remote Learning Templates
- Remote Learning Template Collection
- Student portfolio examples
- Remote Learning Resources: for Administrators, Educators, and Parents
- Remote Learning Guide for Educators
In order to support the safety and continued learning of students in the face COVID-19, bulb has chosen to waive the cost of their flagship product, bulbEd, until the end of summer 2020. See how bulb can become part of your successful remote learning plan.